Saturday, June 3, 2017

Customer Experience

These past two weeks have been difficult.  I have been working on repairs at two of our rental properties.  First, I have never been a handy person and my husband is even less handy than I am.  Second, I am overweight and have arthritis in my knees and back so manual labor is very difficult for me.  Even though we have all these road blocks standing in our way, we are determined to get the repairs done and make the properties acceptable and even more than acceptable but great for our tenants.  Last week I learned how to install a new subfloor and tub in one of our rentals.  This week I have been painting, cleaning, caulking and now we are putting in laminate.  It is exhausting and I hurt terribly.  I want it to be great for our tenants and I don't want to let them down but I have been overwhelmed by the amount of time and energy that it takes to make these repairs.  I don't want to fail, but I also worry that I am pushing my body too far.  It is difficult to find the line between customer service and your own personal health.  I know no matter what I will keep trying and keep pushing and take care of myself the best I can.  I want to do the best for my tenants.  I know they are counting on us to get things done so they can move in.

As happened last week, not much has been able to happen with my $100 challenge bread business because of all the time spent at the rental property.  However, I did get an order for 3 loaves of bread so I did make a batch of bread this morning and delivered it this morning.  I also sent an email to my mother in law and asked her if she wanted any bread since we will be seeing them on Sunday and I can take it to them (they live about 45 minutes away so it has to be on a planned trip otherwise it won't be profitable to me).  I have not heard back from her, but at least I am trying to make sales without overwhelming myself with the other stuff going on.  Progress is slow but steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment